How To Find A Strong Sample Introduction For A Research Paper- 8 Vital Tips
One of the most challenging assignments that most instructors ask their students to do is write a research paper. It is a larger paper where you will have to incorporate direct quotes and paraphrased information into it to prove various points. The introduction of a research paper is very important. It sets the stage for the rest of the paper.
There are several pieces that you must include in your introduction. It aims to prepare your audience for the rest of the paper, so you will have to make sure that you include some background information on the subject. You should add enough background information that a person with no prior knowledge on the subject would be able to understand it. It should also include definitions to any terms that are specific to your topic. And finally it will include your thesis statement, which is a sentence or two that describes what the entire paper is about.
The best way to see how all of these pieces fit together is to read through a few sample introductions. It will give you an idea of what types of background information would be relevant and how to bridge from one topic to the next. It will also show you how to draw your reader in and make them want to continue reading which is vital to the overall success of your piece.
- Look for links to documents online in the search engine.
- Check for sample introductions on professional writing sites.
- There are some sample introductions saved as image files and can be found in an image search engine.
- Check your resource library for resources on your topic and read through the first few paragraphs.
- Check out the writing lab at your school.
- Find a sample on an instructional website because they use them as samples.
- Read through some articles in a journal, newspapers, or magazine.
- Check out a writing guide from the library if you are still having trouble.
These tips should help you find the samples that you are looking for and allow you to write an excellent paper. The introduction has to move the reader to keep reading the article. There are some necessary parts that you need to include as well. The introduction is important and you can learn a lot about how it should be written with a sample.