Academic Homework Tips: Cheating
Teachers all around the world assign home tasks to their students. When a kid starts going to school in his early years he is assigned home writing tasks since then till he is promoted to an advanced level degree. Students often do not like their teachers because of the lengthy assignments that are given by their instructors. Most of the students think of it as a waste of time. They fail to realize that the teachers do this for their betterment. They want the students to learn and improve their knowledge. If students are not given homework then they will not care about the subject and will never revise the subject on their own.
Why students cheat in exams
Students cheat in exams because they do not think themselves capable of passing the exam or getting a higher grade in their assignment. Students also do so because either they are too careless and lazy or don’t make efforts on their own or they might not be able to grasp a certain concept and therefore take help from others.
Why cheating should be avoided
Cheating is not only taking notes with you during the exams but it can be of many kinds.
- If you use someone else’s work under your own name then it is considered as theft and is worst form of cheating.
- Using your own work for two different subjects without the consent of the instructors.
- Using online plagiarized material as a part of your assignment.
- Hiring someone else to do your work without the notice of your teacher.
If you are assigned a task then you must do it by yourself. Homework assignments are supposed to be done by students themselves so that they can learn better.
- Cheating in assignments is intellectual dishonesty and is against the moral codes and ethics.
- If caught the student can be suspended and in worst cases even expelled.
- The student will develop a habit of finding easy ways no matter what it takes to achieve them.
- If they don’t do their assignments by themselves and cheat on their teachers then they will never be able to get a good grade in the exams where there is no one to help them.
- Cheating is unfair with the fellow students who work hard to research and write the same assignment that is simply copied by the individual.
- Everyone should be rewarded for their efforts.