Technology Term Paper: How to Do a Research?
Term papers can be really hard on a student when they’re trying to juggle so many other things in their lives. Writing one about technology can sometimes be harder, depending if you are a computer person or not. Some people just have trouble using technology or don’t have the desire to learn more about it. If you’re having a hard time with your technology term paper and want to find out how to make it easier on yourself, here’s how:
- Make an outline. This will serve as your foundation that you can build everything else on top of. Writing an outline is critical for any term paper, because it can help you know where everything goes and how it all fits together
- Next should be where you do all your research. Doing the research before you just write off the top of your head will save you a lot of time. First, you’ll know what to write about and that will save you a lot of rewriting, and second, your research will help you expand on your ideas and take your paper in a direction it might not have gone otherwise
- And now for the first draft. Writing this should be easy after you’ve completed the first two steps. Just let your creativity flow and connect the points between your references.
- Edit and polish until you think it’s ready to hand in. It is a good idea to have a friend read it as well, to give you a second opinion.
Researching a Technology Term Paper
If you’re still hung up on step 2, don’t worry. Research is the biggest and most time consuming part of the paper writing process. A lot of students struggle with this, and it’s completely normal to feel overwhelmed. When you’re researching, a good place to start is your class textbook. Look at the indexes and sources in the back and see if you can find those other books at the library. Here are a few more ideas of places to find sources:
- At both your school’s library and the public library
- Talking to a professional who is knowledgeable about technology
- Your teacher – ask for suggestions and example sources
- Classmates – ask what they are using and their ideas
- Look online on websites such as Wikipedia that provide other sources for all of their pages at the bottom.